Wednesday came and went pretty quickly. Tom left for work early and left me in
bed. When I got up I sent him a teasing
picture of me standing in front of the full length mirror with nothing but my
white cast on. He responded back with a
request for more, so I indulged his dreams.
The steps seemed to be the most difficult part of having the cast, but
at least he angled my knee and ankle to the point I could place the foot on the
floor a bit. When Tom got home it was
pretty much the same as the night before, except dinner was at the table with
my casted foot in his lap and sex was on the couch. “When do you think I can get this off” I
asked as we sat on the couch half naked watching the TV. “I don’t know” Tom halfhearted replied as he
never took his gaze off the TV. “Tom” I
said as I wiggled my toes sticking out the end of the cast in his lap. “Yes” he responded as he looked over at
me. “Paint my nails” I said as I smiled
at him. Tom grinned back at me as he
gently lifted my casted leg from his lap while standing up.
The all-day rain kept me inside for the whole day on
Thursday. I continued to wonder when the
cast would be coming off as I sat on the couch watching the rain fall
outside. When Tom got home he fixed
dinner and pampered me once again. Once
again I asked about the removal of the cast, as Tom helped me into the bathtub,
but he gave me no idea when it would be.
He washed me while I kept the large plaster cast propped up on the edge
of the tub trying not to get it wet. As
I lay in bed that night with my casted leg under the covers my mind started to
wonder if I would ever get the cast off.
I was unsure of how to get it off myself and even if I did figure it
out, how upset would Tom be with me for removing it. When Tom came into the room he pulled the
blanket off my casted leg and began to draw pictures and names on the smooth
white surface of the cast. “Tom” I
firmly said. He stopped and looked up
the length of the cast at me. “I would
like to get on with my life, maybe we can use more of the stuff this weekend to
put another one on” I replied. Tom said
nothing as he went back to drawing on the cast.
I laid back in the bed with a deep sigh realizing at that point the cast
would only come off when Tom was ready for it to come off and I would just have
to coupe with it for a while.
Friday morning was not much different than the two previous
mornings with the exception of my weekly run with the neighbor across the
street, Clair. Once I got moving I
slipped on an oversized t-shirt and a pair of jogging shorts. I was not going jogging, but the shorts fit
over the cast very easily and were comfortable to wear around the house all
day. A simple text message to Clair
about how I was not feeling well and could not go running I felt was all that
was needed. Then I crutched around the
house picking up and deciding what to do with the rest of my day. As I laid in bed that morning I decided that
I might just play this leg cast thing out.
At some point I will have to leave the house and Tom will then be forced
to remove it, then I will get my way.
While placing Tom’s breakfast dish in the sink my phone, which was on
the coffee table in the front room, started to ring. I quickly placed my arms in my crutches and
made my way into the front room. “Hello”
I said as I picked the phone up from the table.
“What’s wrong” Clair’s voice came back over the phone. “No biggie, just don’t feel that good” I
replied as I struggled to sit down on the couch. “I’ll be right over” Clair said and hung up
before I got a chance to reply. As I sat
looking at my casted leg, I soon realized that Clair was about to find
out. What was I going to do? Could I hide the cast under some
blankets? Can’t do that, need to get up
and open the door. I can’t just send her
away, she is my best friend. I could
make up a lie and tell her I broke it?
But then she will be upset that I did not tell her sooner. I could tell her truth? That puts Tom’s image in a strange
light. What do I do?
No comments:
Post a Comment