I pulled myself together and made my way out of the handicap stall and to the sink. Tonya soon followed me to the sink, and we smiled at each other in the mirror as we washed our hands. “Now, are you ready to do some shopping,” Tonya asked. “I feel I can conquer the world right now” I replied while drying my hands. We made our way out of the restroom and soon found ourselves navigating the mall shopping for clothes and various things. Tonya found it incredibly helpful to place her various bags in my lap and try to push me around. Till she almost forgot about me and left me in a store unable to push myself out. She took a bunch of the bags and used her cast to hang them off and we continued till we both agreed we needed something to eat. We left the mall and headed out to the car. She opened the trunk and I took note of the box she had picked up earlier on in the day. “What’s in the box,” I asked. Tonya shrugged and took the shopping bags from me. “Something for later” she smiled and pushed me over to the passenger side door. Once I was in the seat, I began to think about what it could be, but nothing came to mind. We drove back toward the hotel and stopped at a nice casual restaurant. By now I could tell she was getting a bit tired of helping me in and out of the car and I realized how much of a burden I had become. She closed the car door and rushed ahead of me to open the door and I stopped. “Let’s just go,” I said. “Why,” Tonya asked. “I just feel like…” I replied. “Like what? Tonya asked. I paused for a moment and let my chair roll back slightly down the small ramp by the door. Tonya let loose the door allowing it to close and followed me. “Brea,” she said as I came to a stop. I looked up at her and said, “You have a husband and kids, I cannot be the one who breaks your family.” Tonya sat down on a small bench and pulled me close into her. “You’re not going to break up my family” she responded. “My husband is a very understanding guy who has no issues with me having this sort of relationship” she continued. Hope came back to my heart as I looked up at her “really?” She smiled back at me and placed her hand on my stump. “I think we need to get room service”
Tonya
and I soon found ourselves back in her hotel room. As soon as we made it in the
room, I pulled myself up on the bed, she kicked her shoes off and picked up the
phone. She quickly ordered room service and then tossed herself down on
top of me. We wrestled around a bit on the bed kissing and feeling each
other up, till there was a knock at the door. Tonya did not even bother
to put herself back together as she jumped up and answered the door. I
crawled to the end of the bed and could just see her flirting with the guy that
brought the food. Then she quickly closed the door and sat the tray down
on the table in the other room. I slipped off the bed and simply “walked”
on my butt and hands into the room. She held the chair for me while I pulled
myself up into it and sat down. For the next hour, we watched some TV and
fed each other. When Tonya finished, she stood up and grabbed the brown
box that she had picked up earlier on that day. “Are you going to show me
now?” I asked as I pivoted up onto the end of my stumps trying to investigate
the box. I watched as Tonya opened the box to reveal some casting
supplies. There was a length of white stockinette, a couple of rolls of
padding, some gloves, and about 4 rolls of tape packaged in foil packets. “What are you going to do with those,” I
asked hoping she would tell me that they are for me. “They are for you” she replied. “Really,” I asked with surprise. “I figured since you find mine so
fascinating, we could give you an arm cast too” she continued. I was so excited that I gave her a large hug
and kiss on the lips.
No comments:
Post a Comment